SIA “Klīnika Denta” surgeons have solid experience and are able to handle heavily impacted wisdom teeth. To ensure a maximally pain-free experience during this procedure, our dentists use only high-quality and certiKed anaesthesia. After tooth extraction, please follow the dentist’s instructions and recommendations.
Recommendations after tooth extraction:
- The swab (if any) should be kept in the mouth for 15 to 20 minutes.
- It is advisable to use a cold compress, pressed to the operated area from the outside. This will reduce swelling and the chance of hematoma.
- Do not eat for 2 hours after tooth extraction.
- Take the medicine if your dentist has prescribed it for you!
- In the Krst days, avoid any physical activity, sauna.
- Do not smoke before or after the surgery – nicotine has a negative effect on the wound.
- Avoid vigorous rinsing during the Krst days after surgery.
- Although good oral hygiene is essential for a good healing process, clean the operating area gently and carefully.
- From the second day onwards, rinse the mouth with a rinsing agent recommended by your doctor – usually 2x a day. Rinse carefully!
- Do not touch the wound with your Kngers or any other objects.
- During the healing period, avoid alcohol, especially beer and wine!
- Sutures, if any, should be removed after 10-14 days by the dentist.
If you have any questions regarding the surgical manipulations and the healing process, please contact your dentist.